Friday, May 4, 2012

Transparent

Well this week has proven to be a hard week for several reasons, some of which I will mention and some I will not. I have been burdened to be extremely transparent during this journey and some people will not like that. But if we don't share in our struggles and how hard this journey is, then how can God get any credit? If we don't allow people to know our difficulties and see how we live through them with joy in our hearts and praises on our lips then that is our own strength and not His. And believe me - this journey will only happen in His strength and NOT ours!!

Affirmations have been great over this last week with God showing us that He is in control. Little did I know that when I posted our 3 wonderful 4 legged kids and my car on Facebook that within 48 hours, they would all have homes and a buyer for my car!!!!! Saying goodbye to our sweet Ace, Canaan and Freckles has been more difficult than I was expecting. Selling the car was easy, after all its just a car.

We knew to expect changes with this journey, but we never expected so many of them to take place while we were still here. So many of our relationships have changed with family and friends and that has been more difficult to accept than anything. Our roles at church have been changing and will continue to change as we get further into this journey.  This has proven to be a lonely journey and that we never expected. But we are learning to accept all these changes ( I didn't say we liked them) because we know that we can trust God to work ALL things to His good.

I have heard the Lord speak clearly to me this week as I have battled human emotions. I have had to let go of things, pets and realize that some relationships will never be the same again. Does that sadden me? Of course it does, but in my brokenness this week this is what I heard the Lord say to me.

"Sherri, do you love me more than these?" Yes Lord
"Then feed my lambs"
"Sherri, do you love me?"  Yes Lord, you know I love you.
"Then take care of my sheep"
"Sherri, do you love me?"  Yes Lord, you know all things - you know that I love you
"Then feed my sheep"

See to love Him is to sacrifice for Him, like He did for us. This is just the beginning of our sacrifices to be able to feed His lambs, to take care of His sheep and feed His sheep. And we are ok with that. Does it mean that we will always be excited and happy about that, No - but we will trust our sovereign Savior.

 And when I was grieving relationships this week He spoke to me again.
Lord, I don't understand why things have changed with so and so, and why does it have to be like this and why do I continue to get hurt? What about them Lord, why do they treat me like that?


"What is that to you? As for you, follow me." And I will gladly!!!!

So once again He is reminding me that I am not in control, He has ALL this. And as for me, I am to follow Him and that is what I will continue to do. Nothing that is worth anything comes with out sacrifice and cost. And I happen to think He is worth it!

Please pray for us for clarity about the 3 places that we are looking at to make vision trips and see where God would have us. Thanks for your prayers and keeping up with us.

Soon I will post the places that we are looking at so you can pray specifically for those places by name.




No comments:

Post a Comment